Road Runners is a fun and engaging movement program for primary school age children. Designed to create a lifelong love of movement and develop physical literacy / athleticism.
The below video gives a great insight into physical literacy.
There are several benefits to regularly attending the Road Runners program –
- Fun sessions that develop a life long love for movement / physical activity
- Socializing and working together with other children of similar ages
- Develop physical literacy and athleticism
- Improve overall fitness
- Progress faster when taking up new sports
- Enhance development for children partaking in regular sporting activities
- Enhance the ability to improve faster when specializing in sports at a later age.
- Increase confidence
- Life skills, such as integrity, perseverance, humility etc
Whilst not exactly the same, the Road Runners program will consist of similar activities to the below video –
Each session is 35 minutes long, £7 per session. Payment is done for the duration of the school term. A maximum of 2 sessions can be deducted for any sessions that can’t be attended. Maximum of 8 children on any session. First session free.
Days & Times
Reception – year 3
Sunday – 2.15
Year 4 – 6
Sunday – 3pm
Dates for the spring term 2019 –
16th, 23rd, 30th January
6th, 13th, 27th February
6th, 13th, 20th, 27th March
13th January, 27th January
3rd February, 10th February
10th, 24th, 31st March
All sessions are at North Lancing Primary School
To book on for your first free taster session, please button below and provide your child’s name, age and preferred session time –